The first time I heard a rumor about this delicious chocolate pudding with avocado as the main ingredient, I was a little skeptical. But being the adventurous (read: not so much) girl I am, I decided to give it a go.
The first few recipes I tried where meh…not horrible, but definitely not great. So, because I knew this had the potential to be awesome, I decided to make my own version.
This is how I took it from subpar to sublime…
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 4 ripe organic avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup 100% cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup whole milk (unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk can be substituted)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes, until thick and creamy.
This serves between 4 and 8. I find that a little goes a long way with this rich dessert.
Serve immediately…or chill for later.
I like to sprinkle a little coconut over the top…
Are you an adventurous cook? Or do you stick with what you know will work?