It is just so darn YUMMY!
Here is my recipe for Garlic Hummus...
So you can become an addict too;)
- 2-15 oz cans of organic garbanzo beans (I use Meijer Organics), drained with 3/4 cup of the juice reserved
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsps Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- A sprinkle-1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on tastes...and tolerance;))
- Salt to taste (hint: If you are using organic, low sodium beans, you may need more salt)
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Combine the first 7 ingredients, along with reserved juice, in a blender of food processor. Blend/process until smooth. Spoon into a container, sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with EVOO. Serve with fresh veggies or whole wheat pitas.
I hope you enjoy my latest food obsession:)